MARS Award Winning "Super Tuff" Drill Taps
MARS “Super Tuff” Drill Taps- approved For The AWWA Tapping Competition For Over 30 Years!
Less drag means less effort, less time and better life expectancy for the drill tap. MARS “Super Tuff” Drill Taps unique new shape and cutting angle on the drill points provides better alignment during the drilling phase of the operation.
An improved manufacturing process has resulted in a reduction of fissures and microscopic irregularities. This means less chance of a crack to start that may cause breakage, a common problem other drill taps suffer. This is the main reason MARS “Super Tuff” Drill Taps are so durable!
MARS “Super Tuff” Threading provides you with a much cleaner, leak proof thread. This provides less drag and force required to produce leak proof threads.
Features & Specifications
- 30% Less Drag During Tapping.
- Precision Made High Forged Steel.
- Heat Treated For Optimum Hardness.
- Five Threading Flutes Instead Of Six.
- Nitride Finished For Rust Protection.
- Replacements Bits Available.
- Cleaner Leak Proof Thread.
- Easily Resharpened To Protect Your
- Nitride Finish
- High Speed Forged Steel
- Rectangular Polypropylene
- Drill & Tapping Machine Types: Talbot, Mueller and Hayes
- Available Sizes: 3/4”, 1.0”, 1.5” & 2.0”
Brochures and Datasheets
Is your Water Meter Test System ANSI/AWWA C715-18 Compliant?
MARS Company offers the first and only Test Bench Equipment Upgrade Program, enabling customers to upgrade their existing MARS test bench equipment to comply with the ANSI / AWWA C715-18 industry standard.
Is your Meter Shop Certified?
With MARS Maintenance Calibration Certification (MCC), you can protect both MARS and select third-party equipment with calibration, technical assistance, software upgrades, preventative maintenance, training, spares management, and on-site maintenance.