Mobile Meter Test Systems
The Truck, Van or Trailer-Mounted Test System is designed to fit on a utility vehicle, pickup truck, van or on/in a trailer, supplied by the customer (unless specified). The test unit is based on comparison meter technology and is fully linearized and calibrated to avoid inherent test meter accuracy curves, providing clients with the ability to test meters in the field without removing them from service.
MARS Test Bench Systems are designed to meet / exceed American Water Works Association (AWWA) recommendations, National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Handbook 44 Specifications, ISO Specifications and other standards and requirements.
Understanding how your meters perform in the field will allow you to reduce unaccounted for water in your system.
Designed to operate using Volumetric technology and to meet/exceed AWWAand NIST specifications.
Automation is available with MARS M3 Meter Management Software integrations.
Standard and Optional Features
Available on every Mobile Meter Test System configuration.
* Denotes Optional Items, contact MARS for details
Comparison meters are precision high accuracy turbine type meters. Meters to be installed in pipe manifold with correct up-stream and down-stream straight pipe in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
Corrosive Protection (polyester coated steel bench frame).
Supplemental Hardware, such as hoses or a MARS ThrustBuster, can be ordered along with a MARS Mobile Test System
MARS M3 Meter Management Software is required to operate MARS Mobile Test Systems.
This includes control over all line select valves and metering devices while providing data entry and collection using a controlled process.
With MARS Certified, you can protect both MARS and selected third-party equipment with technical assistance, software upgrades, preventative maintenance, spares management and on-site maintenance.
Not only is the equipment upkeep essential, but ensuring all operators are fully trained on meter testing practices and procedures is critical.
- Designed to minimize physical fatigue
- Built to withstand any forces applied within the scope of its use
- Easy to operate controls to minimize operator errors
- Package is protected by a NEMA 4 enclosure
- Designed to fold down when the unit is not being used and then covered to avoid the elements
- Grey enamel finish
- 120VAC designed to operate all test system functions
- Equipped with computer and PLC designed to handle dual stage shut down and accept batch quantities as required by technicians
- Meters are linearized through a ten-point linearization circuit designed to eliminate the normal error curve of the test meter
- Powered by an on-board generator/inverter (provided by customer – must be fully protected from low or high voltage spikes)
- Equipped with Emergency Stop and Power On switch
- Industrial momentary and multi-position selector switches
- A bronze z-plate strainer is installed on the supply end to filter out debris and polish the flow profile of the water for accuracy
- Constructed of B-62 Bronze in accordance with AWWA C-701 standards
- Constructed of 1-1/2” 14-gauge fabricated steel tube
- Welded in accordance to standard industry practices and certifications
- Pipe work is mounted to the frame at three points
- Equipped with three lifting eyes, allowing the tester to be removed safely without damage to the test unit or the vehicle
- Stainless steel load bearing surface at side rails
- Polyester Coating in MARS Blue
- Minimum of 20 years resistance to corrosion
- High impact resistance
- All steel is fully sandblasted and treated with Atochem rust proof primer before being coated for total bonding
- Frame is not touched by human hands within at least 2 hours of drying
- Coating is applied using the electrostatic method, then placed in an oven at 495 degrees F until fully bonded
- The frame is electrostatically spark tested to detect defects
- Main Piping (high flow line) consists of 4” diameter schedule 40 fitted steel pipe with 2 ½” fire hose inlet and outlet fittings
- Piping is powder coated to prevent corrosion as outlined above
- Low flow line is a ½” diameter brass pipe with a maximum flow rate of seven gallons per minute
- Medium flow line is a 1” diameter brass pipe with a maximum flow rate of fifty gallons per minute
- 4” line is supplied with a straightening vane in-line before comparison meter to ensure maximum accuracy
- Comparison meters are precision high accuracy turbine type meters with correct up-stream and down-stream straight pipe
- Meters constructed of 304 stainless steel body, 316 stainless steel hydraulically balanced rotor, stainless ball bearings
- Meter designed for linearity: +- .5% over specified flow range, repeatability: +- .10% over specified flow range
- High flow maximum pressure loss of 4 PSI at maximum flow range, suitable for operating pressure of 3000 PSI
- 3/8” meter with flow range .75 to 7 GPM and male NPT end connections
- 1” meter with flow range 7 to 50 GPM and male NPT end connections
- 4” meter with flow range 50 to 1000 GPM and male NPT end connections
- Chrome plated ball with Teflon seat
- Full port
- 3-piece stainless steel body
- 150 PSI rating
- Lug style butterfly valves with electric actuators
- Valve body is cast or ductile iron with EPDM or Buna-N liner
- Valve disc is stainless steel
- Valves are operated by electric actuators
Electric Ball Valve Actuators
- Nema-4x enclosures, zinc plated, two-part polyurethane Open/Closed Angle position indicator and 90-degree operation from full open to full close in 6-15 seconds (dependent on valve size)
- Manual override hand wheel
- Mechanical travel stops
- Internal heater
- Ball bearing 110 VAC motor with thermal protection
- Temperature range –4 to 158 degrees F
- Life cycle: 100,000 operations minimum
Brochures and Datasheets
AWWA C715-18 Compliant Test Bench Upgrade Datasheet 2 MB 70 downloadsMARS Company, a global leader in water meter testing and technology solutions, offers...
Is your Water Meter Test System ANSI/AWWA C715-18 Compliant?
MARS Company offers the first and only Test Bench Equipment Upgrade Program, enabling customers to upgrade their existing MARS test bench equipment to comply with the ANSI / AWWA C715-18 industry standard.
Is your Meter Shop Certified?
With MARS Maintenance Calibration Certification (MCC), you can protect both MARS and select third-party equipment with calibration, technical assistance, software upgrades, preventative maintenance, training, spares management, and on-site maintenance.